The Medbury Foundation
"A strong school is built on a strong foundation, and this incorporates parents, boys and Old Boys. Over the years these people have supported Medbury well, embracing the values and traditions of the School. The ultimate goal of The Foundation is to ensure financial independence for Medbury. It will require the support of the total Medbury family, including past parents, grandparents and friends to achieve this goal. I invite you to join us in maintaining the wonderful facility we have a Medbury for boys' education, which will continue in the years ahead." - John McBrearty, Chairman of The Foundation Board of Management
Goals for The Foundation
- To protect the independence of Medbury School against any future changes in state funding.
- To make donations to the School, to help fund development and facilities which will promote excellence and innovation.
- To maintain and grow a capital base to support Medbury.
The Focus for The Foundation
The initial focus was to build a capital financial base and the first members of The Foundation provided over $400,000 within five years. Some of its contributions:
- The Foundation provided cash and loan finance for the building of a Junior School.
- The Foundation provided the first set of computers for the School.
- The Foundation offered a substantial loan towards the construction of the senior teaching centre, completed in 1994.
- The Foundation financed the refurbishment of the reception and office facilities.
- The Foundation made a cash gift of $25,000 and a substantial loan for the construction of The Medbury Centre.
- The Foundation finances the purchase of the prizes for the annual Prize Giving.
The Future of The Foundation
The future of The Foundation is dependent on:
- Having a balance between investment of funds, and provision of funds for development within the School.
- Increasing the 'member' base of The Foundation, and consequently its financial support for the School.
The work and the funding of The Medbury Foundation, continues to be, literally, a 'foundation' for the School.